What's new in 2.0
Wisej 2.0 includes a number of powerful new features that can enhance developers productivity, simplify deployment, customize browser widgets, implement responsive design, and speed up server communications.
The new designer adds custom ruler snap lines that can be user defined and saved with the container.
You can select the glyph color and take screenshots of your screens in design mode.
In addition to the action selector you can now also directly setup anchoring by using the arrow buttons.
- You can create an infinite number of vertical or horizontal snap lines for your containers.
- Just click on the appropriate ruler position.
- Snap lines are saved with each container so they are reloaded the next time you design it.
This new button in the designer toolbar gives you a quick overview and access to all objects.
ResponsiveProperties and corresponding profiles simplify Responsive Design a lot.
Wisej now supports many more client-side properties and methods on all controls. It makes it much easier to customize Wisej widgets from server-side code.
- AutoShowLoaderButtons and MenuItems have a new property AutoShowLoader that automatically shows the loader when the widget is clicked - this is a client side event - and removes the loader when the processing on the server is completed.It is intended to be used on actions that typically require some time to complete and should give the user immediate feedback, i.e. a login button.
- CssClassSets custom css class names to the widget. You can also manage the css class names using these methods: AddCssClass, HasCssClass, and RemoveCssClass.
- StatesSets a custom array of states that can be used in a custom theme or theme mixin. You can also manage the list of states using these methods: AddState, HasState, and RemoveState.
- ClientEventsCollection of client-side events and JavaScriot event handlers that you can set from the server. You can use the collection directly or use these methods now available to all controls: AddClientEventListener, RemoveClientEventListener, and HasClientEventListener.
- InitScriptSets a custom script that Wisej will execute in the context of the widget when it is first created in the browser.
- CssStyleSets a custom css style string that is assigned to the widget.
- Wisej already compresses all traffic packages (HTTP and WebSockets) above a certain threshold by default.
- We now switched from GZIP compression to the Brotli compression algorithm.
- Our internal tests showed that the compressed response stream is only half the size now.
A Wisej server instance can now decide when to refuse a new session when it receives the first request from the load balance, allowing it to move on to the next instance seamlessly.
This new feature allows the Wisej instance to accept only a certain number of sessions, or to check the memory usage and refuse a request when the memory reaches a certain threshold, or it can use an application-provided function that can refuse the initial request for any reason.
- Stylesheet RulesTheme designers now can embed custom css rules directly in theme. This new feature allows for fine tuning a theme and for greater design flexibility. See Theme Stylesheet.
- Inherited ControlAdds a custom control based on any visual Wisej class. Use it to create you extended controls without having to use the UserControl container.
- Custom LoaderReplaces the initial loader with one of the new spinners or a custom spinners of your choice.
- BrotliAdds Brotli compression support to the application.